Ways to cut down on false alarms in Wichita
False alarms may become a legitimate issue for your home’s security. Not only do they erode the confidence you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Fortunately, you may do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Wichita home security system.
First, be sure that your devices connected as intended. This process may seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that overlooked miscues lead to false alarms. Next, watch out for possible culprits of false alarms, like a back door that could be left open by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the many features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Wichita.
Might it be really that easy? Continue on and find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Wichita?
Like diagnosing any problem, the initial step is to review the manual. Ensure all your components are installed properly on your end by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically evaluate each device to be certain it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to ensure that your system isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are installed correctly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service agent if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Wichita home. They'll be happy to send out a trained expert to examine your equipment.
Investigate your doors and windows
If your system appears to be installed properly, the ensuing step is to do an investigation of your property. Are your entries tightly secured, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an access point is left unsecured, it may trip a sensor. If your household routinely fails to close a door, you might want to incorporate a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when your system goes live. Unfortunately, windows take extra manual maintenance, mainly if you have a loved one who enjoys to rest with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that alarm while still shielding the remaining areas of the house.
Automation is a great way to cut down on false alarms in Wichita
One of the smartest methods to reduce the probability of false alarms is to include automation into your home security system. With your security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlatching a door or window. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to deactivate when your smart front door lock is activated with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you exit the property, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Receive mobile notifications when your components notice uncommon motion or have need of a fresh battery.
- Pair your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Wichita with a Vivint smart home installation
An enhanced level of authority over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, reach out to (316) 844-6283 or complete the following form.